Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly preparing to take a huge gamble on John Terry and play him against Napoli.Terry is a major doubt for the Champions League encounter because of a knee problem that has kept him out of his team’s last four matches.Will Terry face Napoli?But the Daily Mirror believe the under-pressure Villas-Boas knows his job as Chelsea boss is on the line and is minded to risk Terry for the game – especially given that Napoli have a dangerous forward line of Marek Hamsik, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edinson Cavani.The Daily Telegraph also suggest AVB may risk Terry against Cavani and co because he desperately needs the England defender’s experience in such an important game.The Daily Star say AVB will turn to his ‘old guard’ by including Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba.And The Sun declare that Chelsea will ‘say RIP to AVB’ if they lose in Naples, with owner Roman Abramovich said to be ready to axe the 34-year-old.Meanwhile, the Mirror report that Neil Warnock plans to raid his old club for coach Ronnie Jepson.Jepson remained at QPR after the club’s recent sacking of Warnock, who took over at Elland Road last week.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
ST. LOUIS — Pete DeBoer often uses colorful language to describe games in which the Sharks have put forth the type of performance they threw out on the ice in St. Louis Friday.He’s called his team’s most-lopsided losses “eggs” and “clunkers,” telling reporters to “burn the tape.”On Friday, he spoke in more sober terms about the Sharks back-to-back losses to the Dallas Stars and St. Louis Blues.“Yesterday, we were reckless, but we had energy. Today, we were reckless without energy,” the …
OAKLAND — When the A’s returned home from Pittsburgh last weekend, they were a sinking club in need of a surge. They’d lost eight of nine games on a swing through Toronto, Boston and Pittsburg, capped by a 13-inning loss in the trip finale against the Pirates.Five games and four wins later — three walk-offs and a no-hitter — Oakland has recaptured the mojo.Saturday, Ramon Laureano hit a bloop single to right to drive in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth as the A’s celebrated a 3-2 …
In a dramatic development in the search for MH370 the search area is to be moved back to a zone approximately 1700km west of Perth, Western Australia, previously dismissed in late March.MH370, with 239 passengers and crew vanished on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8.Airlineratings.com has learnt from US sources that the Australian Joint Agency Coordination Centre will announce Thursday June 26th that a six-week analysis of all information related to the Boeing 777’s flight path has resulted in a 500km shift in the search area to the south-west.The Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is leading the international search, confirmed the area of highest probability would be “further south.”The search area is still located on what is termed the seventh arc based on the UK based Inmarsat’s satellite interrogation of the Boeing 777 – just much further south.While the ATSB would not be drawn on precise detail the US sources told AirlineRatings.com that the two ocean floor mapping vessels the Fugro Equator and the Chinese PLA-Navy’s Zhu Kezhen are in the area.These ships will map the sea bed, which is up to 6000m deep, ahead of a commercial contractor starting a side scan sonar search with a towed Orion vehicle, more capable than the Bluefin 21 used earlier.The search area is 60,000 sq kms and it could still take up to 12 months to cover the entire area.When the search first started in the southern Indian Ocean on March 18 the initial search area was 2500km south-west of Perth.On March 28 on an updated assessment from the ATSB it was moved 1900km due west of Perth.However, it was only an aerial search.When Ocean Shield was deployed early in April fresh intelligence from Malaysia led the search to be moved 800km north-east – essentially due west of Exmouth.The detection of what was thought to be black box pings within days kept the search in that region for over a month despite some misgivings at the ATSB.After the failure to find MH370 in that area the ATSB convened a comprehensive review of all the data including the critical Inmarsat satellite communications with the Boeing 777.AirlineRatings.com understands from the US source that at least three independent groups were formed to analyse all the information and all have come to the same conclusion on the most likely crash site of MH370.
Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netBarangay Ginebra playmaker LA Tenorio made a beeline drive to the basket then set up Greg Slaughter for the uncontested dunk at the 5:24 mark of the third quarter.A little over a minute later, Scottie Thompson penetrated the lane before dropping a dime to Slaughter for another throwdown.ADVERTISEMENT Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet Ginebra’s assist total was the most in 14 years, as per league head statistician Fidel Mangonon.The Kings made basketball simple by moving the ball and finding the open man, assisting on 39 out of their 44 made field goals.And with Ginebra playing unselfish and getting contributions from almost everyone, Kia, which trailed by as much as 34 points, was just lost defensively.“We change good shots into great shots with our ball movement,” Cone said.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ PSC halts sale of Rizal Memorial Sports Complex LATEST STORIES DILG, PNP back suspension of classes during SEA Games MOST READ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Those couple of plays made for two of the Gin Kings’ whopping 39 assists in their wire-to-wire win over the Kia Picanto on Wednesday.“I’m really proud of that. I’m proud of the way we’ve been assisting the ball. It just shows the unselfish mentality everybody has,” said Ginebra head coach Tim Cone after his team’s 120-99 victory.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“LA is the leader in that but I think the key guy is Scottie. He’s so infectious with his passing and everybody wants to do it. Joe also loves to pass and Justin also loves to pass. It becomes infectious after a while and guys really look to move the ball,” Cone added.Thompson dished out a game-high 10 assists while Brownlee and Tenorio finished with seven and five, respectively. Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo View comments FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games
Mumbai: At least 13 workers were killed and 58 others injured in chain explosions of nitrogen gas cylinders at a chemical factory in Dhule district of Maharashtra on Saturday morning, police said.Prima facie, a leaking chemical from a barrel triggered fire which led to serial explosions in the factory in Waghadi village in Shirpur taluka around 9:45 am, a senior police officer said. “Thirteen workers have been killed while 58 others were injured in the explosion of nitrogen gas cylinders at the chemical factory,” he said. At least 100 workers were present in the factory at the time of the incident, he added. The officer said the rescue operation at the spot is still going on while the blaze has been brought under control. Teams of fire brigade, police, State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) are conducting the relief and rescue operations.
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump confirmed Thursday that he has picked CNBC contributor Larry Kudlow as his top economic adviser and said the country is in line for a long run of upbeat financial news.The United States “will have many years of Great Economic & Financial Success, with low taxes, unparalleled innovation, fair trade and an ever expanding labour force leading the way!” the president tweeted.Kudlow is succeeding Gary Cohn, a former Goldman Sachs executive, at the White House. Cohn is leaving after a dispute over Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on imported steel and aluminum.Kudlow served in the Reagan administration and has emerged as a leading proponent of tax cuts and a smaller government.Kudlow told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he has accepted the offer and said the U.S. economy was poised to take off after Trump signed $1.5 trillion worth of tax cuts into law.“The economy is starting to roar and we’re going to get more of that,” he said.Kudlow will join an administration in the middle of a tumultuous overhaul, with a number of White House staffers and top officials departing in recent weeks. Trump on Tuesday dumped his secretary of state, Rex Tillerson.Trump seems increasingly determined to tax foreign imports, a policy that Kudlow personally opposes. Kudlow said he is “in accord” with Trump’s agenda and that his team at the White House would help put in place policies set by the president.Trump has promised to reduce the trade imbalance with China and rewrite the North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico. Kudlow declined to say what advice he would give the president on trade issues, saying instead that Trump is “a very good negotiator.”Kudlow, 70, has informally advised the Trump administration in the past and he has spoken with the president “at some length in recent days,” so he is ready “to hit the ground running.”Kudlow told CNBC on Wednesday that he was going to Washington on Thursday to meet with Trump. White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the administration “will keep everyone posted” on when Kudlow officially assumes the job.
NEW YORK, N.Y. – David Price considers himself a gamer — both on and off the field. Now he has to cut down on screen time.A longtime video game enthusiast, the Boston Red Sox ace was diagnosed this week with carpal tunnel syndrome. He has not pitched since May 3 but is scheduled to return Saturday at Toronto.He insists that while video games may have contributed to the condition, they’re not the origin of the swelling in his left thumb, index finger and middle finger.“This is just something that happened over time. This didn’t stem from any one thing,” the 32-year-old left-hander said Thursday. “I’m born in 1985, so that’s the video games generation. Being a Red Sox is the least amount of video games I’ve ever played being in Major League Baseball.”Winner of the 2012 AL Cy Young Award with Tampa Bay, Price is 2-4 with a 5.11 ERA in seven starts during his third season with the Red Sox after agreeing to a $215 million, seven-year contract. The five-time All-Star experienced numbness in his pitching hand during a bullpen session Sunday. He had tests Tuesday and was examined by Dr. Matthew I. Leibman in Newton, Massachusetts.Price and teammates have been spent many hours competing in the popular Fortnite, trying to fend off monsters and save the world.“I saw the Brewers were playing Fortnite on their jumbotron. This is very common. I know a lot of teams, a lot of guys, are really into it,” he said. “I’ve always played video games. I’ve always played it with my teammates, during the off-season, at the field, at the hotel. That’s kind of my generation. That’s what we do. If I need to shut down video games and pick up a new hobby, then so be it. But I do not think that’s the cause.”He added: “If that was the cause of the problem, it started back in 1997 when I got my first PlayStation when I was 12 years old.”Price threw about 40 pitches in a bullpen session Thursday and pronounced him ready to return this week. His condition will be treated with dry needles, similar to acupuncture.“Obviously it’s going to be outing by outing,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said after watching Price throw at Yankee Stadium. “The communication has to be there. He has to be honest with us, and we will take care of him.”Price believes the injury can be controlled. He will wear a brace and will switch to his right hand for activities such as brushing his teeth.“I don’t think it’s going to go away in its entirety,” he said.Surgery would be the final option.Price was 6-3 with a 3.38 ERA in 16 games (11 starts) last year, when he was limited by an elbow injury. He said tests showed his elbow, forearm and shoulder were “pristine.”He left an April 11 start against the Yankees at Fenway Park after one inning because of a tingling sensation in his left hand, but said that was a different issue caused by a frosty night. No circulation irregularities were detected, according to the pitcher.“I still have very cold hands and very cold feet,” he said. “The lady asked if me if I could pitch with a heating glove on. And I said, ‘No, ma’am.”NOTES: If there are no postponements, RHP Steven Wright will be available Monday after serving a 15-game suspension under baseball’s domestic violence policy. Wright will be a reliever. “He’s going to be different, obviously, with the knuckleball, but we’ve got catchers that it seems like they don’t have a problem with that,” Cora said. … RHP Tyler Thornburg, coming back from surgery last June 16 to correct thoracic outlet syndrome, made his fifth minor league rehab appearance on Thursday. He gave up two runs and two hits while getting two outs for Double-A Portland. He will join the Red Sox in Toronto on Friday for a bullpen session, then return to the minors. … OF Jackie Bradley Jr. was not in the starting lineup for the second straight day but faced Cora in batting practice. Bradley is hitting .173 and said Bradley’s hands were too static and he was slowly finding a “better rhythm.” Cora isn’t sure whether Bradley will play Friday.___More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball__More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Gurugram: Mohammad Sajid and his family that was subjected to physical violence on the day of Holi in Gurugram’s Bhoop Singh area, has now threatened to commit mass suicide over police inaction. The family has accused district police and civil administration of favouring the goons and have claimed that they are being pressured to withdraw the FIR. “The matter is in public domain. Everyone knows how goons have deliberately attacked us in a preplanned manner. Still, the district police are not helping us and allowing alleged attackers and their family members to threaten us to withdraw the FIR,” said Mohamad Akhtar, one of the victims.”They come to our house and abuse our women and girls. If the district administration and police will not help us to bring justice in this case, we will go for mass suicide,” Akhtar said. The victim’s family has submitted a memorandum to Sohna SDM for a speedy trial. “The local police have registered FIR against two youths of our family in a bid to put pressure on us,” Akhtar said. Meanwhile, Gurugram (South) DCP Himanshu Garg said that both the groups were involved in the altercation. The police had arrested 10 persons for attacking the family on March 21. There was a change in events when there was a cross-FIR was filed against the family. This riled the family to an extent that even planned to leave the city till they were stopped in doing so by the top police officials. The Muslim family in Gurugram that was attacked by a mob of 12-20 people on the day of Holi (March 21) with rods and sticks. The family had been living in Gurugram for the past 15 years. According to the FIR registered at Bhondsi police station, the incident took place when Sajid’s relatives had come to visit on Holi. In the complaint, Sajid’s nephew, Dilshad, alleged that they were playing cricket in a vacant plot near the house when some boys confronted them and said, “What are you doing here? Go to Pakistan and play.” When Sajid intervened, one of the two men on the bike slapped him, Dilshad alleged. In the moments that followed, the duo was joined by several others, allegedly armed with sticks, rods and swords, who barged into the family’s home, attacked them and stole their valuables. Videos recorded by the victims show them trying to close the door to the terrace, even as the accused try to break it down. In the video, a group of men can be seen beating up a man with rods and sticks, while another lies in the corner, even as two women plead with the attackers to stop.