Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Since my first days in office, I vowed to transition Pennsylvania to a simple, traditional Medicaid expansion plan, in order to simplify a previously complicated process and ensure that hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians would have greater access to the health insurance they need.Last April, we did just that by launching the expansion of Pennsylvania’s Medicaid program known as HealthChoices. This expansion alleviated confusion, removed unnecessary red tape, and streamlined the system so that people can see a doctor when they are sick and healthcare professionals have more time to concentrate on providing quality care.One year later, more than half a million Pennsylvanians who were not previously covered now have healthcare coverage. The commonwealth’s uninsured rate has dropped more than six percentage points in the last three years, and state General Fund costs have been reduced by more than $500 million.I am thrilled to see the success of this expansion in the one year since its announcement. Because of the expansion of Medicaid, hundreds of thousands of people have a brighter future and better potential health outcomes. We are excited to enroll even more Pennsylvanians in our next outreach efforts.To find out how you or someone you know could enroll in HealthChoices, go to: HealthChoicesPA.com. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter By: Governor Tom Wolf April 27, 2016 BLOG: Celebrating One Year of Medicaid Expansion (VIDEO) Government That Works, Healthcare, Human Services, Medicaid Expansion, The Blog, Videos
“A concerned citizen called the IACAT(Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking) 1343 action line to relay theinformation. Reports like these are really valuable to the council as they helpus immediately identify the victims and conduct rescue operations,” Barizosaid. The women alleged a certain “Alfred”facilitated the processing of their travel documents and their work visas wouldbe handed to them upon their arrival in Beirut. Meanwhile, Immigration commissionerJaime Morente reiterated his appeal to the public to report possible cases ofhuman trafficking. “Upon arriving in Hong Kong they weresupposed to board their connecting flight to Beirut and end up working there ashousehold service workers (HSWs) without the appropriate overseas workpermits,” Barizo said, adding the trafficking attempt was foiled after theywere tipped by informants about the illegal activity. ILOILO City – Immigration officialsintercepted six suspected human trafficking victims who attempted to leave thecountry for Lebanon at the Iloilo International Airport (IIA). The women were turned over to theIACAT in Western Visayas for assistance and further investigation.(With a report from PNA/PN) “The IACAT 1343 action line is a veryvaluable tool in preventing human trafficking. We urge our fellow Filipinos tocall and report so the council may investigate and rescue these poor victimswho are duped by traffickers and illegal recruiters,” he said. Ma. Lourdes Mariano, head supervisorof the Bureau of Immigration-IIA, said they immediately verified theinformation, and interviewed the victims. “They all admitted that they weretraveling to Lebanon to work as HSWs without the necessary documents,” sheadded. Immigration officials recently intercepted six suspected human trafficking victims who attempted to leave the country for Lebanon at the Iloilo International Airport in Cabatuan town. MARCOS CARATAO JR. Travel Control and Enforcement Unit(TCEU) head Ma. Timotea Barizo said the women, who were illegally recruited towork as domestic helpers were stopped at the departure area of the airportearlier this month, as they were about to board a flight to Hong Kong.