Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Since my first days in office, I vowed to transition Pennsylvania to a simple, traditional Medicaid expansion plan, in order to simplify a previously complicated process and ensure that hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians would have greater access to the health insurance they need.Last April, we did just that by launching the expansion of Pennsylvania’s Medicaid program known as HealthChoices. This expansion alleviated confusion, removed unnecessary red tape, and streamlined the system so that people can see a doctor when they are sick and healthcare professionals have more time to concentrate on providing quality care.One year later, more than half a million Pennsylvanians who were not previously covered now have healthcare coverage. The commonwealth’s uninsured rate has dropped more than six percentage points in the last three years, and state General Fund costs have been reduced by more than $500 million.I am thrilled to see the success of this expansion in the one year since its announcement. Because of the expansion of Medicaid, hundreds of thousands of people have a brighter future and better potential health outcomes. We are excited to enroll even more Pennsylvanians in our next outreach efforts.To find out how you or someone you know could enroll in HealthChoices, go to: HealthChoicesPA.com. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter By: Governor Tom Wolf April 27, 2016 BLOG: Celebrating One Year of Medicaid Expansion (VIDEO) Government That Works, Healthcare, Human Services, Medicaid Expansion, The Blog, Videos
The recently announced U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Work Plan includes $19 million in funding for the Freeport Harbor Channel Improvement Project (FHCIP). Port Freeport, Texas, is one of two seaports nationwide to receive a “new start” designation for commencement of construction.The estimated total cost of the project is $295 million, of which the federal government share is $165 million and Port Freeport as the local sponsor will contribute the remaining $130 million to be funded by the 2018 voter-approved bond package.This vitally important project will deepen the Freeport Harbor Channel to depths ranging from 51 to 56 feet.“The inclusion of the FHCIP in the 2020 Work Plan is a significant milestone in the construction of the channel deepening and widening,” said Phyllis Saathoff, Port Executive Director/CEO.“A deeper channel and navigation improvements will allow the Freeport Harbor Channel to support the growing energy exports and need for more efficient transits using deeper draft vessels achieving greater economies of scale for our port and channel partners.” The channel deepening project has been a strategic initiative for Port Freeport for many years, with the feasibility study being initiated in 2003 and receiving congressional authorization in 2014.
Greensburg, Ind. — A 38-year old Greensburg man is facing attempted escape and invasion of privacy charges after an incident in Westport.David Bowles Jr., 38, has been charged in Decatur County Superior Court with attempted escape and invasion of privacy after deputies responded to a suspected burglary in the Westport area.Bowles was spotted in a vehicle that matched a description from dispatch near the scene and became belligerent after he was stopped by police. After Bowles was placed in handcuffs for safety reasons the passenger told police she had permission to enter the home. As the investigation continued deputies learned there was a protective order barring Bowles from being in the company of the passenger. After being placed in the police cruiser police found a home detention ankle bracelet worn by Bowles that he was trying obstruct by interrupting the signal.
Submit StumbleUpon Share Share Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020 GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile August 25, 2020 Related Articles GamStop, a national online self-exclusion initiative, has responded to media reports that had revealed problem gamblers have been able to bypass exclusionary measures put in place to prevent gambling activity. Following the broadcast of the BBC ‘Five Live Investigates’ programme over the weekend, it was revealed that problem gamblers registered as part of the self-exclusion scheme were able to alter minor details, such as surnames, provided during the registration process.The reports have caused industry-wide embarrassment, and have raised questions into whether the gambling industry can effectively become a self-regulatory body.GamStop addressed the shaky start to the year by responding to the issues raised in the BBC report, commenting:“This is of concern to GamStop and we welcome the work that the Gambling Commission is currently undertaking, especially in regard to ensuring that robust verification is carried out by operators when initial registration takes place. “With this in place, the specific issue identified in the BBC investigation aired on 13/01/2019 would be addressed.”Since its creation in April 2018, the initiative set out to offer support for national problem gambling stakeholders, by developing a referral system, directing individuals to GamCare and the UK National Debtline. The scheme provides those at risk of gambling-related harm the option to block themselves from engaging with all licensed UK online gambling operators for periods of 6 months up to 1-or-5 years.GamStop’s Fiona Palmer admitted that the initiative, while being a good start for the industry, does not work well enough: “GamStop is working hard to improve its level of service in order to ensure that registered consumers remain confident that they are effectively excluded from those operators currently integrated with the scheme.“Since the UK does not have a national ID scheme, matching consumers is reliant on the information they provide to GamStop and also the quality of information held by each operator. Operators have varied methods of verification and differ vastly in size and scope. “This makes GamStop an extremely complex technology project. We are working closely with operators to understand this further and will continue to do so following the Gambling Commission’s work on verification. The recent “consumer account function” available on the GamStop website will make it easier for people to update their details thereby maximising their protection.”The exclusionary scheme has received support from industry charity GambleAware, as CEO Marc Etches emphasised that such schemes are fundamental in supporting those faced with compulsive behaviours. In a statement made to SBC, he stated: “Self-exclusion can be a last resort for people who are struggling with their gambling, which is why it is essential tools such as GamStop operate effectively.“Such tools work best as part of a treatment package tailored to the individual rather than being effective in isolation. If you’re worried about your or a loved ones gambling, there is free help and advice available online at BeGambleAware.org”GamStop has since reaffirmed its plans to continue developing and improving its service in conjunction with the Gambling Commission and British Licensed Operators in light of the BBC reports. UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020