Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Since my first days in office, I vowed to transition Pennsylvania to a simple, traditional Medicaid expansion plan, in order to simplify a previously complicated process and ensure that hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians would have greater access to the health insurance they need.Last April, we did just that by launching the expansion of Pennsylvania’s Medicaid program known as HealthChoices. This expansion alleviated confusion, removed unnecessary red tape, and streamlined the system so that people can see a doctor when they are sick and healthcare professionals have more time to concentrate on providing quality care.One year later, more than half a million Pennsylvanians who were not previously covered now have healthcare coverage. The commonwealth’s uninsured rate has dropped more than six percentage points in the last three years, and state General Fund costs have been reduced by more than $500 million.I am thrilled to see the success of this expansion in the one year since its announcement. Because of the expansion of Medicaid, hundreds of thousands of people have a brighter future and better potential health outcomes. We are excited to enroll even more Pennsylvanians in our next outreach efforts.To find out how you or someone you know could enroll in HealthChoices, go to: HealthChoicesPA.com. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter By: Governor Tom Wolf April 27, 2016 BLOG: Celebrating One Year of Medicaid Expansion (VIDEO) Government That Works, Healthcare, Human Services, Medicaid Expansion, The Blog, Videos
Sharing is caring! Tweet LocalNews Rabbit Festival a big success despite bad weather. by: – May 3, 2011 Share 15 Views no discussions Share Share Dominicans braved the rain on Sunday to attend what organizers say was successful National Rabbit Festival.Events Coordinator for the annual event Jeffers Parillon said the committee will be meeting on Thursday for a post mortem on the activity.He said however despite bad weather conditions, the pubic patronized the event.“We had a lot rain but the festival went well. Everyone who came enjoyed themselves. While we didn’t make money, we proved what we knew that it is beneficial to the people of the community,” he said.Parillon said the committee will be meeting on Thursday and a decision could be taken about the possibility to host the event twice a year.Dominica Vibes News
Ronaldo took advantage of a Ragnar Klavan error early in the second half to give the champions the lead, before scoring a penalty after Marko Rog fouled Paulo Dybala. Loading… Juventus overtake Inter Milan to go top in Serie A, but Inter can go back to the summit if they beat Napoli at 19:45 GMT. It was Ronaldo’s second hat-trick for Juve, having scored three against Atletico Madrid in last season’s Champions League last-16 tie. He has scored three hat-tricks for Portugal since then. read also: Ronaldo goes two years without scoring a club free-kick The former Manchester United forward is the first player since Alexis Sanchez to score a hat-trick in the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreMysterious Underwater Objects Most People Don’t Know AboutThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made Portugal legend Ronaldo then set up Gonzalo Higuain to put Juve 3-0 up. And moments later he got his 56th career hat-trick when he slipped the ball under goalkeeper Robin Olsen. The 34-year-old is in his best scoring run since his £99.2m move from Real Madrid in 2018, scoring in each of his last five Serie A games.Advertisement
By Liljana Meshaj:Bosnia and Herzegovina qualified and participated for the first time in history at the World Football Championship.After the victory of B&H football team against Lithuania on 15 October 2013 and direct qualification for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil, Safet Sušić has become the first coach who has led the B&H football team to a major football competition.Safet Sušić or the so called Pape has been elected as one of the best European and World football players of his generation. Pape was chosen as the best football player of B&H and former Yugoslavia. Sušić at the session of the Executive Committee of the B&H Football Federation on 29 December 2009 unanimously was elected as the new selector of B&H representation. It was him, this great former player and coach with the Dragons that achieved the big step and represented our country at the World Cup 2014 in Brazil.A great generation of B&H football players has achieved a historical success and fulfilled the dream of many fans who have watched the performances of “Dragons” since the first day of qualifications. The night that B&H football representation, after the victory over Lithuania, returned to Sarajevo was a wonderful manifestation of joy, enthusiasm and unity. Several thousand of citizens of Sarajevo gathered in front of BBI and at the square of children in Sarajevo, singing and dancing and celebrating this big historical moment. Fans were celebrating the victory of B&H team in other cities as well. This moment brought everyone together regardless of religion, ethnicity or living place. This event made everyone proud and united B&H and all of it thanks to Dragons and their selector Safet Sušić / Pape.Soon after the victory over Lithuania, the time came for the departure of B&H team to Brazil and for their participation at the biggest football event – Word Cup 2014. There were three key matches waiting for the performance of B&H team in order to qualify for the further rounds, match against Argentina, Nigeria and Iran. B&H played the first match of the World Cup against Argentina. Match against Argentina took place at the stadium Maracana in Rio de Janeiro and ended with the defeat of B&H team. The result of the match was 2:1. First goal or the “unfortunate” auto goal was scored by Sead Kolašinac soon after the start of the match. The second goal was scored by Messi in the second half of the match, by increasing the advantage of Argentina on 2:0 and Vedad Ibišević scored the third goal of the match and reached the final result 2:1, result in favor for Argentina. Match was a real success regardless of the result. Players did a great job and they were all in a good shape.As Sušić stated after the match “Our aim was to provide a strong resistance and we did so. I am not unsatisfied with the match. We had a bad luck with the first goal”.If that bad luck would not occur, the match B&H -Argentina would have had a chance to end with the result 1:1 which could be the best expected result when playing against one of the greatest representations of the world such as Argentina.The match against Argentina was followed by the second match of B&H football team at the World Cup Brazil 2014, and that was the match against Nigeria. High hopes were putted into this match considering the great game of our representation in the first match. Match against Nigeria was played at the arena Pantanal in Ciuaba. Edin Džeko, our best scorer, in 20th minute of the game scored the first goal, which was a regular goal, but the referee by mistake called it as an offside goal. Peter Odemwingie, at the 29 minute scored the first goal in favor for Nigeria and the result of the match was 1:0 for Nigeria. This defeat of B&H representation cut of chances for a further qualification in the World Cup 2014.Nevertheless, there was a last game that they needed to play, against Iran. The game was played in arena Fonte Nova in Salvador, where B&H achieved the first victory in the World Championship 2014. Džeko, Pjanić and Vršajević were the scorer of our team and Reza Ghoochanneijhad was the only scorer from the Iran’s team.This victory did not mean much in terms of further qualification of B&H team in World Cup but is was a great moral satisfaction, such as for our players as well as for our people and country. They showed to the world that they can do it, that B&H is a great football team and can be expected a lot from them in future.As Šušić announced after the match “I congratulate the players on the good game and victory. We can not be satisfied just with this but with a little more luck and a little less mistakes by referees, we would have continued further, considering the qualities of our team. I’m sorry for those who are disappointed. These are good guys and players and they have to start thinking about qualifying for the European Championship. The first game was fair against a great team. If the referee would have recognized our goal in the second match, everything would have been different. We lacked experience in major competitions, but I have nothing what to complain about the players”.He has said it all. We managed to come to the World Football Cup for the first time in history. Having played a wonderful game against one of the best football representations of the world, achieved one victory and yes, there were some mistakes from our team and from referees as well which cut of our path for further qualification. At the end, this is football, this is life…Having a look on all the way from the start of qualifications for the World Football Cup until the end of our path, we must say that we are very proud of our “Dragons” and very thankful to Pape, who for the first time in history led B&H to the Word Football Cup. For B&H this means much more that a major football competition. This means that our flag has been waving in front of the world. This means that not just the disasters can unite us but victories as well. This means that B&H is recognized to the world for good qualities, and not just for conflicts and war. Everyone in this country has celebrated the victories of our team, qualification in World Cup, great game against Argentina and the victory over Iran.B&H football players and Pape are the best ambassadors of this country. They made this country to be recognized, spoken about in a good way and united everyone regardless of religion, ethnicity or other differences. We wish that such events to happen much often in this country.Thank you Pape and Dragons for all what you have done for the football and for this county!
Mercedes’ non-executive chairman Niki Lauda has called on his side to make “two steps forward” if they want to catch up with Ferrari in the upcoming Barcelona Grand Prix.Mercedes utterly dominated Formula One between 2014 and 2016, but in 2017 season so far Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel has pulled out lead in the drivers’ championship.Vettel is standing at the top of the standings with 86 points ahead of Mercedes pair of Lewis Hamilton (73 points) and third-placed Valterri Bottas (63 points).Admitting that Ferrari is ‘clearly ahead’ of Mercedes this season, Lauda said that it is high time for his team to realize what is not working and take steps accordingly in the upcoming races.”Ferrari is clearly ahead. We need to analyse what exactly is not working and take the right steps for Barcelona. Because all the teams will bring updates, Ferrari will make a step forward, we have to make two and Red Bull needs to make three,”Sport24 quoted Lauda as saying.There have been speculations that the biggest problem with Mercedes is its inconsistency with the tyres, but Lauda ruled out the same.”We have too much weight in the car, we need to improve the aerodynamics, and above all we need to understand why the new Pirelli tyres do not work as they do on the Ferrari,” the Mercedes chairman said.