Leon Jordan-confesses to raping womenHaving received a second lease on life when he was acquitted of a rape charge in 2016, the 22-year-old Leon Jordan will now face the full wrath of the law after confessing to three counts of rape in his appearance before Justice Brassington Reynolds at the Demerara High Court on Wednesday.Jordan opted to enter guilty pleas when the charges were read to him, the first of which detailed that on February 2, 2012, in the county of Demerara, he engaged in sexual penetration of a child under the age of 16 years.The second charge detailed that on January 13, 2013, in the county of Demerara, he engaged in sexual penetration of a child aged 14 years; and the final charge detailed that, on October 25, 2016, he engaged in sexual penetration of a 24-year-old woman.The defendant told the court it is better that he tells the truth, adding that prison is not a suitable place for persons like him.After Jordan had pleaded guilty to the offences, Justice Reynolds ordered that Jordan should undergo psychiatric evaluation because he needs professional help. A probation report was also ordered compiled.Jordan will be sentenced on June 26, 2019 in the Sexual Offences Court.The convict was represented by Attorney-at-law Maxwell McKay, while prosecutors Seeta Bishundial and Abigail Gibbs had represented the state.Jordan was acquitted back in 2016 after a 12-member jury empanelled before Justice Priya Sewnarine-Beharry had found him not guilty of a similar offence he had been accused of committing. In that matter, he was accused of sexually molesting a 16-year-old girl on October 24, 2014.
PASADENA – Three Caltech security guards will be honored in April for assisting the Pasadena Police Department in breaking up a suspected burglary ring, officials said. Doni Harrelson, Agustin Valadez and Ivan Gaor will be presented with the annual Award of Merit from the California College and University Police Chiefs Association for their cooperation last October, according to Caltech spokesman William Heim. Their work led to the arrests of William Demarest, 36, of South El Monte and Mark Roe, 33, of Altadena. It also helped connect at least 30 burglaries in Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia and Colorado last year, according to Heim. Throughout last fall, a series of unsolved burglaries occurred on Caltech’s campus, leading to thousands of dollars in property loss and leaving security guards on high alert, Heim said. Harrelson determined the latter suspect was on parole for previous burglary charges and may have been involved in those occurring around campus, according to Heim. Police then used the information to discover that the suspects were involved with several other burglars in the region, said Heim. Lt. Lisa Perrine of the Pasadena Police Department offered few details about the case, saying it is still under investigation, but said the security guards’ cooperation was fundamental to its success. “Detectives were very happy with the proactive and vigilant stance of the security guards at Caltech,” Perrine said. “Pasadena police were able to get suspects into custody. They assisted greatly in our case.” Valadez said he was pleased by the award. “It feels good. This will be the first award I’ve gotten in the civilian world,” said Valadez, adding that he received several such honors while serving in the Marines. email@example.com (626) 578-6300, Ext. 4461 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Valadez said he was patrolling the campus during his usual midnight-to-8 a.m. shift in late October when he noticed two men suspiciously checking doors on several buildings. Harrelson and Gaor then arrived and the three requested Caltech identification cards from the men, according to Valadez. “I thought there was a possibility they might have been graduate students,” said Valadez, 31. “But then one of them became aggravated and argumentative and the other one ran away.” Valadez and Gaor gave chase while simultaneously notifying Pasadena police. The man who fled was arrested by Pasadena police a day later, he said. The other suspect was taken into custody at the scene.
“I played well again,” said Haas, the tour’s player of the year last season. “I seemed to putt better. I felt comfortable over the ball.” Jacobsen, who had laser back surgery last week to repair disk damage caused from a hip replacement last year, followed his opening 66 with a 64. “I might have to shoot 61 to beat him,” Jacobsen said. “He is playing really well.” So is Jacobsen. “I came out with no expectations this week,” Jacobsen said. “It is overwhelming in the way I feel. I feel great and I’m real happy to be able to make some swings.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! R.W. Eaks (66) was two strokes back at 11 under, and Ben Crenshaw (67) and Joe Ozaki (64) followed at 10under. Haas broke out from the pack early, birdieing three of his first four holes en route to a 5-under 30 on the front nine. Haas, a four-time winner last year on the 50-and-over tour, has four top-fives in sixtournaments this season, including three second-place finishes. “I really played well at our first tournament this year,” Haas said. “I won’t say I should have won by now, but I am playing well and that is a carryover from last year. If Haas is going to win he’ll have to hold off Jacobsen, as well as seven other golfers who are within four strokes of the lead. NEWPORT BEACH – Jay Haas shot a 7-under 64 on Saturday to match the Toshiba Classic’s 36-hole scoring record and take a one-stroke lead over Peter Jacobsen into the final round of the Champions Tour event. Haas, who opened with a 65, had a 13-under 129 total on the Newport Beach Country Club course. He matched the 36-hole record set by Rodger Davis in his 2003 victory.
He’s only 15 weeks old, but the Berlin Zoo’s impossibly cute polar bear cub Knut already has become a sought-after media star in his home city with his own TV show and video podcast, a photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz and a long-awaited public debut scheduled in the coming days. Zoo officials were meeting Wednesday to discuss when the button-eyed cub, who has endeared himself by snuggling up to his own teddy bear and wrestling with a toilet brush, will be put on public view after building a following through the zoo’s Internet site and daily pictures in newspapers. “I think that people will be able to see the bear by this weekend,” Andreas Ochs, a veterinarian with the Berlin Zoo said on N-24 television, noting that he would have to be shown with his handler and only for brief periods. “Certainly, the public is going to have to be patient, as there will be a huge interest,” Ochs said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Fascination with the nearly 19-pound bear has only grown in recent days, after headlines generated by an animal activist who insisted that the cub should have been left to die after his mother ignored him and his brother – who later died – after their birth in December. They were the first polar bears born at the zoo in 33 years. Zoo officials intervened, instead, choosing to raise the cub themselves through bottle-feeding and keeping the cub in an incubator. The fuss over “Cute Knut” continued on Wednesday with the country’s largest newspaper, Bild, publishing a Knut poster, matched by Berlin’s own B.Z. tabloid. Knut, who recently posed for a photo shoot with star-photographer Leibovitz for an environmental protection campaign, will star in a TV series documenting his life on Berlin’s RBB public television station starting Sunday.
Just before 8:30 a.m. this morning members with the Fort St. John Fire Department responded to a gas leak in the Garrison Landing area. Fire Chief Fred Burrows said the cause of the leak was from a contractor excavating a hole when he made contact with a gas line, causing it to rupture.The role of the department according to Burrows is to set up precautionary suppression equipment and isolate the area to protect the public while Pacific Northern Gas locates a shut off valve in the neighbourhood.There is always the potential for ignition when a gas line has been ruptured Burrows said, as the bigger the gas line is, the more static electricity is built up because of the plastic material. Self ignition through the static is possible. An external source is not required.- Advertisement -Homes that were neighboured to the excavation were evacuated. The situation has since been resolved and department members were on hand for just under an hour and a half.
Lovely vibrant red rose with a strong clip. Not as big as i considered it would be, but perhaps it is due to the fact it really is just occur out the submit. Nonetheless, a wonderful red rose for my hair that i look ahead to putting on.I would have most well-liked a deeper red colour but the shape is great.I wanted quite a few cheap hair flowers for a school present. The fabric and workmanship are great, the color is a attractive deep red and the clip is the suitable measurement. They were wonderfully packed and arrived immediately.The flower by itself is very but the slide is not big/long adequate to be ready. The flower by itself is really but the slide isn’t significant/extended ample to be ready to dress in it on the aspect of your head without the need of it hunting foolish or falling down. I haven’t figures out a superior way to have on it, to be sincere.Charming red rose, appears terrific in her hair. Good qualitywould acquire once again.Pleasant, but not truly worth the value. . Wonderful rose, but for me failed to justify the rate. ninety nine and i experience i could have got one particular of equal top quality from claires assessories. The rose sits very higher on the clip attachment, so takes a when to get it to sit appropriate in the hair and search fantastic.Great good quality but very compact – i gave it to my daughter in the stop.Extremely fast delivery, and exactly how explained.Actually lovely rose, quality and color fantastic.Great top quality and value. This is a really appealing product, superb price for cash. The clip for attaching to the hair is robust and performs perfectly. Superior excellent product or service, pretty amazed.This is a really superior high quality flower clip. This is a extremely excellent high quality flower clip. The fabric is sturdy and retains it is form. It can be wonderful and tasteful searching and the colour is beautiful, while a lot more of a lighter red than the image would counsel. If you want to invest in this clip to clip at the rear of your ear with your hair down, except you have a whole lot of volume to your hair, i wouldn’t test it as it just sticks out from the side of your head. This kind of flower is very best suited to be nestled from a bun of some types to conceal how big the foundation of it is. Unfortunately, in my situation, you can also see the white base used to adhere the petals on and give it a shape.Was okay fantastic four cash but was a bit squash but fantastic.Here are the specifications for the Deep Fabric Large Burlesque Carmen Style Flower Rose Flamenco Dancer Pin up Hair Clip Slide:Medium/Large Bright Red fabric large burlesque Carmen style flower rose flamenco dancer pin up hair clip slideLarge approx. 3.5″ (9cm) deep red layered sturdy fabric petals rose flowerFantastic eye-catching textures and contrasts with glamour chic, fastens with alligator clip or safety pinGreat for Flamenco classes or Mexican theme parties! Lovely qualityStunning with 50s, Pin Up and Rockabilly outfitsI agreed with other reviewers that this wasn’t as huge as i experienced anticipated consequently the 4 stars but expressing that i wore it in a paso doble dance levels of competition and it was the proper measurement to not have to worry about it slipping off simply because it was too weighty. Truly very well manufactured and secure when it was in spot – not a flimsy clip so definitely superior value for the value.Pleasant clip on dazzling red rose. Not significant basically the sizing of a actual rose. I bought two and wore them with each other. They stayed in my hair even with latin dance. They are very well made and shipping and delivery was prompt.Reviews from purchasers :This is a very good quality flower clipGood value and well madethe flower itself is pretty but the slide isn’t big/long enough to be able Red rose with clip.Nice, but not worth the price.Excellent quality and value
This article is only available to GBA Prime Members Every decade, kitchen design becomes more complicated. It’s gotten to the point where some residential designers subcontract the work to a specialist.If you are a humble owner-builder, do your kitchen preferences even matter anymore? Of course they do. If you’re building a house, you should certainly have a say in matters affecting kitchen design — even if your ideas are different from those of the experts. The basics Before we focus on details that make a kitchen green, let’s quickly review the basics.The oldest kitchen design principle concerns the triangle between the refrigerator, sink, and stove. According to traditional wisdom, you want this so-called “kitchen triangle” to be fairly compact (but not too cramped). Most sources advise that each leg of the triangle should measure between 4 and 9 feet. Ideally, your house design keeps foot traffic away from this triangle. (In other words, the normal path from the living room to the stairway shouldn’t be through the kitchen.)These days, cooks realize that the kitchen sink serves two functions: food prep and clean-up. Larger kitchens sometimes separate these functions by providing two sink stations — one station (usually near the refrigerator) for food prep, and the other (usually near the dishwasher) for cleanup. If you have this type of kitchen — a good kitchen to have if your family includes two cooks — your triangle has become a quadrangle.Some families use their microwave oven as often as their range, and these families claim that their microwave deserves status as an important apex in the kitchen geometry. If you agree, then your quadrangle has become a pentagon.Of course, you’ll need to plan for adequate counter space on the handle side of the refrigerator, on both sides of the… Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to this article as well as GBA’s complete library of premium articles and construction details. Start Free Trial Already a member? Log in
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
Reuters LondonJanuary 22, 2019UPDATED: January 22, 2019 18:24 IST Hector Bellerin went down clutching his knee while challenging for the ball against Chelsea on Saturday (Reuters Photo)HIGHLIGHTSHector Bellerin suffered a knee injury against Chelsea on SaturdayBellerin will have surgery to repair the injury to his left knee and is expected to be out for up to 9 monthsArsenal next host Manchester United in an FA Cup fourth round tie on FridayArsenal right back Hector Bellerin has been ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining an anterior cruciate knee ligament injury in Saturday’s 2-0 Premier League win over Chelsea, his club said in a statement on Tuesday.Bellerin will have surgery to repair the injury to his left knee in the coming days and the Spain international’s rehabilitation is expected to take between six and nine months.The 23-year-old, who was making his first start after returning from a calf injury, went down clutching his knee while challenging for the ball in the second half and was carried off the pitch on a stretcher.His injury is another blow to manager Unai Emery, who had already lost defender Rob Holding for the rest of the season to a similar knee problem last month.The Spanish coach said he had players to fill in for Bellerin and was unlikely to dip into the transfer market to sign a replacement, having previously said he could only take players on loan in the January transfer window.”We have Ainsley [Maitland-Niles]. He can help us by playing like a right back or a right winger. And also, [Stephan] Lichtsteiner is another player,” Emery said.”I don’t forget [Carl] Jenkinson… he played some matches and if we need [him], he is okay to help us.”Arsenal next host Manchester United in an FA Cup fourth round tie on Friday, before returning to Premier League action against Cardiff City at home on January 29.For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byJepher Nickels Tags :Follow Hector BellerinFollow ArsenalFollow Premier league Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin ruled out for the rest of the seasonHector Bellerin suffered a knee injury in Arsenal’s 2-0 Premier League win over Chelsea on Saturday.advertisement
TORONTO – Thousands of cards, photos and flowers will be dismantled by city staff at an event in Toronto on Sunday, to be replaced with a permanent memorial for the victims of the deadly van attack.Mayor John Tory will be in attendance as the impromptu memorials left in the days after the April 23 attack are taken down.He said the items will be placed in storage until the city comes up with an appropriate way to display them.“They should form part of the historical record of Toronto because this was such a tragic event, and the reaction to it was an important part of the history of Toronto,” said Tory.Sunday’s event will take place at Olive Square and Mel Lastman Square, the approximate sites where the attack in the city’s North York neighbourhood began and ended.City staff will install temporary plaques on Sunday, and Tory said the city will then decide how to proceed with a permanent memorial.He said it’s important to establish a permanent memorial at the site of the attack, as the many mementoes left by mourners wouldn’t last forever.“I think a lot of Torontonians would want to honour the memories of those who died, because it was a horrific and very unusual thing to have happen in a city as peaceful as Toronto,” said Tory.He added it is important to consult with the families of the victims and with people who live in the neighbourhood to create a memorial they believe is appropriate.“Its part of the healing this city has to go through,” said Tory.Ten people were killed and another 16 were injured when a van jumped the curb and ran over multiple people on the sidewalk.A 25-year-old man from Richmond Hill, Ont., faces 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder in the incident. His case has been put over until September.