Twitter Man arrested after suspected gun and ammunition found following pursuit of car in Limerick Sunville House in County LimerickA LIMERICK mother, who was recovering from breast cancer surgery, was having a bath when a gang of armed raiders burst in to her home.Ann Garvey, of Sunville House, Pallasgreen told Judge John Hannan at Limerick Circuit Court last week that the men, who were armed with a sawn-off shotgun, a baseball bat and a sledgehammer, said her daughter would be shot if she didn’t give them the key to the safe.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Ms Garvey was giving her evidence in the trial of Patrick Roche, (52), of Kilcronan Close, Clondalkin, Dublin; his son Philip Roche (24) of the same address and Alan Freeman (37) of Pearse Park, Tipperary Town who all pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated burglary at the Garvey home on April 16, 2012.Both Patrick and Philip Roche have also pleaded not guilty to an aggravated burglary at the home of William, Nora and Christina Creed at Ballyluddy, Pallasgreen, on May 31, 2012.Ms Garvey told the court that she had undergone a mastectomy and was taking a bath when the men broke in to her home. The mother-of-four said that her husband, Gerard was handcuffed in the sitting room and had a sawn-off shotgun pressed to his forehead.One of their daughters was bound with cable ties and her twin brother was punched in the face and threatened with a baseball bat.Gerard Garvey said that when he went to investigate a loud bang in the living room, he was confronted by a gang who had smashed the patio door. He said there were three or four figures dressed in black and wearing balaclavas.He was looking down the barrel of a sawn-off shotgun as they forced him and his daughter to the ground.The man with the gun said: “we’ll blow your head off and we will take your kids away and you’ll never see them again”.They demanded the key of the safe which contained $3,000 and £5,000 but they wanted more.Sgt Helen Holden told Judge Hannan that when she arrived to Sunville House, she found a scene of “panic, pandemonium, and trauma”.Det Garda Niamh Brosnan, who was accompanied by Det Garda Senan O’Sullivan said that the family were extremely upset and shocked at what had happened and that Gerry Garvey was still in handcuffs and had to be freed with bolt cutters.The trial is expected to last another four weeks. Advertisement No vaccines in Limerick yet Man charged with assault causing harm to shop worker after arrest on suspicion of coughing on victim NewsArmed raiders told woman they would shoot her daughterBy Staff Reporter – June 21, 2017 1362 TAGSAnn GarveyCourtfeaturedGerard Garveysunville house Linkedin Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Print Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Previous article#WATCH Statue of Anthony Foley unveiled on Clancy’s StrandNext articleNew O’Connell Street will put pedestrians first Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Email 27 month delay in justice at Limerick courts Sunville House in County Limerick Rape Crisis welcomes publication of O’Malley report
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Near-blizzard conditions of heavy snow and 35 mph wind gusts are forecast to hit eastern Long Island on Monday, causing blackouts, reducing visibility to 1/4 mile and a sloppy commute.Four to eight inches of snow are expected to blanket Suffolk County and forecasters predicted two to four inches in Nassau County, according to the National Weather Service (NWS).“The heaviest snow will fall from the Monday morning commute through Monday afternoon,” NWS said in a winter storm warning issued for Suffolk from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. NWS issued winter weather advisory for Nassau for the same time period. A high surf advisory was also issued from 1 a.m. Monday to 7 a.m. Tuesday due to large, erosion-causing waves on the ocean beaches. And a coastal flood advisory was issued due to high tides up to 2 1/2 feet above normal on both the south shore and the north shore, flooding low-lying areas.The same storm is expected to cause the same headaches for much of the tri-state area.Although the accumulation is expected to be less, the storm otherwise appears to be a repeat of the storm that hit Friday, when wet, heavy snow resulted in hundreds of school closures, thousands of power outages and countless travel delays.Once this storm clears, more snow is forecast for Tuesday. A chance of light snow is also expected Wednesday and Thursday before clearing up Friday.
Advertisement Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 23 Apr 2020 2:49 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.3kShares Arteta is a fan of Partey (Picture: Getty)‘So, if a club decides to sign him and the money involved is good, I will advise him to move.‘Partey’s certificate is to play and get money for development. It will be prudent for my son to make a move that will make him rich and also do investments.’Partey Sr had previously confirmed Arsenal’s interest in signing his son.‘I called my son after hearing the rumours and he told me that the rumours are true,’ Jacob Partey, who was speaking in Ghana, told Tru FM’s ‘Sports World Show’.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘He told me they are holding talks between him and Arsenal.‘It all depends on the offer Atletico are demanding. If he goes to Arsenal fine, they have a lot supporters in Ghana.‘I will be happy if he decides to move to Arsenal. What they are discussing now is how Atletico will release him.’Should Arsenal sign Thomas Partey?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Partey has been told to leave Atletico (Picture: Quality Sport Images/Getty)Thomas Partey has been told to leave Atletico Madrid by his father amid talks with Arsenal. The Ghana international has a £47million release clause in his contract with the La Liga side, with Atletico trying to tie him down to a new deal. Should he sign a new contract, his release clause will rise to £93m but Arsenal are trying to lure him to the Emirates before that happens. Mikel Arteta is an admirer of the midfielder and contact has been made between the Gunners and his agent in recent months. ADVERTISEMENTRead the latest updates: Coronavirus news liveAnd his father has advised his son to leave Spain and follow the money.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I will advise him on any day to move from Atletico Madrid when there is big money because that is his chosen job,’ Jacob Partey told Bryt FM.‘The truth is that, there is life after football. As a father, I always want the best for my son, I don’t want him to struggle when he call it a day. Comment Thomas Partey’s father tells him to secure Atletico Madrid exit amid Arsenal talks
Listen to the KGLO Morning News from Friday May 8th